ReCourses provides consulting for ownership transitions, often combined with valuations. These cover current transition issues that may involve an internal transfer to one or more minority or equal partners. We'll concentrate on guiding you expertly, surfacing the options, sorting through them with clarity, and then guiding the various related parties to reach consensus.
Do you have one or more key employees that you want to keep around with a greater stake in the outcome? Here's how we can help by making sure that:
- You are doing this for the right reasons.
- You are ready to pursue this (there are two tests to determine whether or not you are ready).
- The group isn't large because a) you are having trouble making a distinguishing decision, as we call it; b) you want to spread the risk by putting eggs in different baskets to see who will rise to the top; c) you feel the freedom to "arrange marriages" with minority partners who would never partner on their own.
- Each candidate is qualified. We have a specific "risk" tool we apply, as well as twenty-three very specific questions to help screen candidates in a helpful, learning environment. Our "risk" tool has been vetted with 1,340 principals.
- This first step is on a defined path to the right place, and that the definition of what happens next eliminates surprises.
- Owning a part of the firm is fully understood, including the eight "cons" that must balance out the "pros."
- Simpler, cheaper, safer options wouldn't make more sense on the way to actual ownership. We have two, in particular, that have been very well received by the marketplace.
- The final plan, if it is for equity sharing, is constructing appropriately with adequate protection for each party.
After managing nearly 150 projects of various types, we've learned what works and what doesn't.
That's the program in a nutshell. There's more on how we work together under our FAQ.
Location. Your office or remotely.
Duration. Two-thirds of a day, if on site, starting early morning and ending mid-afternoon.
Deliverable. Hours of industry leading advice that follows written agenda, and then a deal memo (term sheet) that spells out all the various steps.
Unlimited Remote Implementation. 3 months.
Participation Requirements. Principal/Finance gather materials for 2 hours. Principals/candidates answer survey for 60 minutes. Later participation will vary, depending on the recommendations.
Cost. $5,000 if done remotely (most can be). $7,000 fee plus expenses ($800-$1,400), estimated in advance, if done on-site.
Terms. Fee and expenses sent with materials before commencing.